09 June 2009

Monster RV


I left Valley of Fires around 7:00 a.m. yesterday to make sure I would miss any wind getting ready to blow, and I arrived at Santa Rosa Lake State Park around 10:30 a.m. I took a breakfast break in Corona, a little drive-through town. The restaurant, El Corral, isn't normally open on Mondays. Lucky me!!!

After getting more or less settled in a site at my new place I walked to the pay station to deposit my check in the afternoon. On the way back I spotted a strange-looking vehicle in a space near me. Being a little curious, I walked over to check it out.

The owner, who lives in Switzerland, and who is a former teacher, had his rig custom made in Switzerland and Germany. It was shipped to Halifax, Nova Scotia where he and his wife began their tour of Canada and the U.S. They expect to finish their tour sometime in September and ship the rig back to Europe.

I didn't get to see the interior, which has 1 1/2 levels. You can see from the exterior that it is a 'pop-top' style rig. Isn't European design awesome?!!!






(By the way, the owner gave me permission to photograph his rig.)

No comments: